Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bend


It has been some time since we have been down to Bend. There is much to like, but there isn't much to Bend. It's compact. Quaint. But, because it is a tourist destination, there is more there than would normally be the case in a town that side. Either way, absence indeed makes the heart grow fonder.

As for Cricketwood, it was as nice as ever. The rooms are comfortable with all the amenities you could want (or think of really), the place is neat and well kept, and the owners are always friendly. But, most of all, we go for the incredible food. Between the cookies every night (with beverage choice), the morning coffee/tea service, and what has to be the most incredible selection of breakfast food outside of a full service restaurant, you definitely get your money's worth. If you are ever in Bend, I cannot recommend it enough.

The weather, as always seems to be the case, was clear, crisp, and cool. Mid 50s and sunny. Just wonderful. Why can't they have actual jobs there?

Back in Portland, some moderate 'news'. I had an interview today with KP outpatient infusion. Unfortunately, it was not a good fit on either side. The infusion part I have plenty of experience with. But, they also wanted ostomy care, foley catheter care, wound care, and pediatric experience. Honestly, I am not sure how many people will hit all the points. However, I was frank with them that it wasn't experience that I had and wasn't something I was altogether interested in. They also let me know that I wouldn't be a fit. On the upshot, they are sending my resume along to the infusion department. An interesting possibility.

Then, the same afternoon, I got a call from the hospital IV team with KP. The position in question is a part time and overnight. The upshot is that it is a foot in the door with KP, the pay (with differential) would be about $7 an hour more (potentially more than that if I work a weekend shift) and at the part time position I could still make a good salary. Plus, the benefits (and retirement) are better. The downside, obviously, is that the hours are pretty awful (1045pm to 730am). They at least block schedule, so I would (assuming I interview and am offered that is) work 2 in a row, then off for 4, then on for 4, off for 4. Ostensibly, I can flip my schedule and readjust it as needed. More to come as events warrant of course.

See you in December.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! God get the KP opportunity!

~J