Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Humans make mistakes, but humans in HR just make more

So, I just got off the phone with HR.  

TWICE!

First call (they left a message):
"This is (name redacted) with HR.  It appears that your Washington RN license is expired.  I dont know how you are supposed to work your new position if this is the case (frantic).  I hope you have not worked their recently.  Please submit for your WA renewal and get back to me as soon as you do."

I call back after verifying that, in fact, this is not true.  My license expires in 2015 on my birthday.

Me:  "Hi, I received a message that my license is expired and I am looking at the website and it appears to be active.  I just renewed it in March."

HR: "Oh, I am so sorry.  I was just told this by the business office.  I suppose that will teach me to check on these things myself before I call people.  So sorry to have alarmed you.  I will print it off and correct it."

Me: "No problem, thanks for fixing it."

2 minutes passes and phone rings again:

HR: Hi this is (name redacted) and I am sorry to bother you again, but I am looking at the page and on the one page is says it expires in 2016 and on the other page is says it expires in 2015 and (realizes it is 2014)..........oh, I see now.  Oh. I am so sorry for calling you again.  You must not think much of me and HR.  So sorry to have bothered you again with this."

Sigh.  It is any wonder why I don't trust our HR at all.  This is the same group that nearly lost me the job 3 years ago when I had to re-apply while working there because they neglected to check a box.  The same group who, when I called 5 years ago ran me around and around and basically treated my phone calls inquiring about the status of my application treated me like a telemarketer calling at dinner time.

I suppose I should be grateful though.  If a day ever comes when they opt to terminate my employment, what is the likelihood that they will be able to process that paperwork correctly?  


No comments: