Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Going back to Portland............er, maybe


So, today was the end of clinical in psych. It ended very well actually. The rotation itself was great, though the class was utter trash. I had a meeting with my clinical instructor (the one with closed eyes in the picture) and she was extremely complimentary in my review. It was a really nice (by far the most glowingly positive review I have ever received) and, with the rotation coming next, much needed ego massage. It is a place that I finally felt like I fit and understood the rhythms of the facility (perhaps the fact that it happened to be a psychiatric hospital might bear some examination, but for my own sanity I wont look too closely). Anyway, I thought I would get with the Joneses and actually post a pic for one. This is my psych group. The white t-shirts that my classmate and I adorned for the photo is something of an inside joke and not a cry for assistance with fashion (though I would not oppose that notion considering my lack of imagination regarding apparel).

Tia is edging ever near the precipice of her decision on our next destination. I am not without a say in the matter, but we ultimately are making the decision based on whether or not she wants to pursue a PhD in the near future or put it off a bit. If she wants to pursue it, we need to find a place we can both exist happily and, if not, then we head to Portland (or surrounding regions). We should have some semblance of a plan by December.......if she can sell this house that it.

Off to bed. Its been a LONG day.

1 comment:

GoodNubbin said...

Get your ass back out here, Mofo! We miss you! Send Jen a note, she has been asking what you are up to. (ubercheetah@hotmail.com)

~J