Saturday, February 16, 2008

No vaginal birth

My experience culminated without seeing a vaginal birth. I think I was the ONLY one who didn't end up seeing one. All in the timing. They had a full board today, but no one more than 8cm dilated by the end of our shift. My patient had a lot of interesting procedures done (a blood pH on the fetus, Intra-uterine pressure device placement, and an amnioinfusion), but was not moving along. She was only 14, so they didn't even think that she would be able to deliver vaginally anyway. Ah well.

I will keep this entry short because I feel like crap. On the verge of a possible respiratory infection. God I hope not.

1 comment:

GoodNubbin said...

Nice, real nice. A 14-year-old mother who can't deliver through the vaj.

I'll bet she was popular with the other 7th-grade boys.

~J