Monday, October 05, 2009

what happens when..............

...........you take two unenviable factors and combine them? Well, stupidity evidently.

I am NOT a morning person. I hope to make that crystal clear. Never have been, never will be. My whole body revolts at the merest hint of the alarm clock and the idea of seeing the sun rise holds all the pleasure in my mind of have my teeth drilled upon. Also, I don't function well being tired (hardly revelatory), which I have been of late. Don't know if it is the change in the weather, the sun not rising before I do, or the amount of things I have been doing with my awake hours, but I have been beat of late. Plus, I have been working a lot of contiguous days, which makes me feel even more burnt out, which leads me to this morning. I managed to get into my car, pull it out of the garage, and started ever so slightly down the road when I realized two things: my feet were awfully cold and the gas pedal felt funny. You see, I forgot to wear my shoes. The only thing similar I can recall was when I wore two completely different shoes (one brown, one black, though similar in style enough to be not horribly incongruous) to one of my student teaching days. Honestly, this is all but a short step to walking into work one day without pants on.

Wish luck to all my early AM patients.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baw haw haw! I did the shoe thing last week. Get some sleep man. And rent The Wire.

~J