Monday, September 28, 2009

9

The weekend was bright with promise. Glorious summery days perfect for exalting in the outdoors. And, unlike my usual self, I did not squander it (likely because I know just how few such days remain to burn before the doldrums begin). Spent Saturday with my parents at the Polish festival which was, sadly, not exactly an entire day's worth of exploration. They did boast some spectacularly authentic and delicious food however. Sunday included a walk for ALS and a surprise free feast of sorts provided by Legend homes who were trying to drum up interest in their new builds. As they are attempting to build more green, the event included organic food and desserts from a local company, some representatives from various 'green' themed building suppliers (solar panels and the like) and, most notable of all, FREE organic beer! Is there a better thing than free food and alcohol?!?! I dare say not!

Today Tia took a much needed day of repreive from her job and we decided to go see a movie (also free thanks to the aforementioned event). Sadly, free may have been to high a price to pay for the movie. We saw 9, which was quite interesting visually, but lacked.......well, just about everything else including a comprehensible narrative or a particularly novel premise. We strongly considered just leaving....and probably should have. Ah well. At least the popcorn was good.

Tomorrow to the big hospital as part of the float or die campaign we are running (well, float to another hospital or forfeit your hours anyway). I am looking forward to it like I would look forward to sitting through 9 a half dozen more times. My hospital is just more, well, civil. The other hospital is huge, confusing, and frequently too dramatic for my tastes. Just have to make it through 2 more shifts there though. Wish me luck.

No comments: