Sunday, August 29, 2010

Head full of sand

This has been one of the rougher weekends for my allergies unfortunately, and am currently failing miserably on a few types. Kind of ambling about the apartment with eyes varying between crimson and an iritated pink. I feel slow and sleepy. Actually just awoke from an extended and unanticpated nap. Debating prednisone............but having a hard time pulling the trigger this late in the day when I KNOW that it will mean twitching like a tweaker and pacing the apartment until the early AM hours. Sucks, because I cannot stand it when my allergies control what I can and cannot do.

Thankfully, the prednisone performed its magical steroidy magic and my allergies are much more under wraps today (Sunday), though I still have little energy. I guess its good that it happens on a weekend because I dont miss work.........on the other hand, way to ruin my weekend!

Work was exceedingly rough this week. I am ever reminded that I have so much to learn. For every GI issue that I understand, there are alcohol rehabs, pinworms, and psych issues that I do not. I don't expect that it will get easier for some time..........but it is a learning process so I don't expect having the triage title necessarily imbues me with some heretofore unknown medical knowledge. Trial and error and learning as I go is the name of the game. Some weeks the game is just easier to play than others.

Not a whole lot else to say. No new restaurants tried or fun drinks to be had. Pulling for Tom to get better after his surgery and trying to eat away time until vacation..........coming soon, but seemingly not soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I demand lunch this week (or next)!

~J