Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Midweek


Today has been quite interesting.

- First, the magical imitrex that smothered my migraine (quite literally as it constricts blood vessels in your brain) also had me buzzing on what seemed to be a caffeinated high. Ended up not falling asleep until better than 3:30 in the morning. Accumulated only a handful of hours even then. Thankfully today was my half day and I switched from AM to PM and was able to go to my appointment and make it in to work. The latter was funny because NO ONE thought I was coming in evidently even though I called saying I was in the message. Not that it matters. My job is definitely the more the merrier. Helps you spread the shit around a little thinner and that is good for all involved.

- My counseling session was actually quite good and more productive than most have been. That said, it is 3 and done there and, ultimately, I am left wondering if it was really helpful. I liked her as a person, but felt the sessions lacked much direction and wanted for insight. I didn't expect a tidy summation, but I would have at least liked to see one or two plot points tied up. I basically learned that it can be helpful and I think I will pursue it anew in the coming year with new insurance (and probably new hoops to leap through).

- As an odd aside, I heard from my former manager, and they apparently are opening up a few positions after a major shakeup which left more than a few people out in the cold. It was indicated that I ought to apply for one closing tomorrow. I think I will. No guarantees, but worth looking into. More to come as events warrant.

- Tried out Little Big Burger in the Pearl today and it was quite good, if not exactly great. On par price wise with 5 Guys burgers, but I have to give the edge to the latter. They do however have some amazing truffled fries for the same price as you would find for a large fry at McDonalds and these win hands down! So good. Anyway, if you have $10 and are in the area, not a bad place to spend it (or the sushi place next door or Roccos.....come to think of it there are a lot of cheap eats around there).

- Heard from our place, ENSO, regarding our concerns. They actually addressed them very thoroughly in a letter. Much appreciated. Don't know if that will warrant us staying long term, but I applaud their professionalism.

- Tia found a possible alternative place that is nearby and significantly cheaper. We are going to take a peek at it in a week or so. God help us if we have to move yet again. I can at least promise it won't be with Thunder Movers.

No comments: