Saturday, August 20, 2011

er, trying to think of something

I REALLY want to post more often, but I also don't want to post just because I haven't in some time. But, nothing extraordinary has happened that comes to mind.

We did try an interesting new restaurant called Cruzroom, which has the oddest/yummiest fusion tacos I have yet had. A typical example:
Mac Taco ~$3.25:
Fried pickles, slice of applewood bacon, special sauce slaw, cheddar cheese, and onions all served on a corn tortilla.
Certainly not something you would find at Taco Bell. Overall, it was quite good with some bigger hits than others. As other people have written, the service is spotty and pretty slow. On the upshot, we ended up with some free sides because they just kept dropping things off at our table.

Continuing with the food adventure for the evening (Tia, Jen, and myself) we headed to the new and already jumping ice cream spot called Salt and Straw, which lives up to the Portland code of serving local and natural ingredients. Much like the Cruzroom, this is not your typical fare however. With flavors like pear and blue cheese, brown ale and candied bacon, and three berry bbq, there isn't a straight up vanilla to be found. However, most flavors were quite good, though a few we sampled I found rather unpleasant (the aforementioned strawberry BBQ). Still nothing topped the thai spiced ice cream I had at Cool Moon.

Accompanied Tia to the chiropractor the other day (partly because we have only the one car and I had to go to the Park to help out and partly because I was interested). I am not sure what I think of the whole thing after being in there. Is it legitimate or not? I guess we will find out soon enough, as Tia is supposed to be going in weekly for the next month with a promise of 'a 50% improvement' in her back pain. I am skeptical, but I hope it works.

Work is the same as always. There was a recent opportunity posted that looked appealing (3-12s working the floor at the Park), but more experienced candidates are already clamoring for it. I would very much like to drop my hours down (or at least move to 4-10s) to get some breathing room away from work, but it looks like it isn't in the cards at the moment.

Looks like we are going to break 90 for the first time this summer. Seems like a good time for a nap. Yay for central AC!

No comments: