Tuesday, May 01, 2012

May Day

These are the times that it is tough to blog.  There isn't much of particular note that has changed since my last post.  The garden is now actually growing (abetted by the copious Portland rains).  The yard is looking more and more like we want it to, instead of just cultivating weeds.  The nursery is nearly done (although it has remained nearly done for some time).  There are many projects to be done of course, but it is all happening.  

As for the baby front, we are now (per the app) about 100 days from sleep becoming a fond memory.  Tia continues well (despite the horrendous acid reflux) and things are progressing as they should.  We are learning that child care is something that you need to explore prior to even having one.  Terms like 'wait list' are omnipresent.  And good lord are they expensive.  For 5 days a week it looks to be between $1000-$1350/month and about 10-15% per day less.  Yikes.  

On the work front, little has changed.  We still have no boss.  The clinic still limps along with just me 4 of the 5 days a week.  There are still staffing problems.  There is no real forward momentum, though I guess stasis is better than continued deterioration.  On the upside, I am still left mostly to my own devices.  

I have had opportunity to meet with the COO of finance, though the meeting unfortunately was mostly spent trying to explain what it is we do and offer suggestions on how to best cull the data they are trying to collect.  So, in summation, 2 months after meeting with the nurse exec, we are still trying to find a way to collect the data that can begin to determine the financial viability of the clinic.  Meanwhile, I saw 3 uninsured and 1 marginally insured patient today.  Sigh.  I still hope that they will consider a way to keep me around part time come the fall.  We shall see (don't worry about what you cannot control).  I will post as events warrant.  


No comments: