Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gypsy Curse?

I am 99.9% certain that gypsy curses are not, in point of fact, real.  However, just to cover all my bases, I am going to go ahead and apologize to any and all gypsies that I may have given cause to curse myself, my wife, or my child.  Please let us know what, if any, animal sacrifices, ancient blood rites, and or formal letters of apologies are warranted.

You see, I have spent the past week beginning with a sore throat, GI upset, and malaise and culminating in nausea and vomiting (mostly the former which precludes the latter by limiting intake) and of course a overriding fatigue from a diet of not much more than thin soups and white breads.

Tia has been sick for better than a month and never seems to fully recover.  She has had a long term sore throat, hacking cough, and associated fatigue (exacerbated by never getting a full night of sleep).

As for Q, well I have tried to document his struggles as best I can (along with his successes).  Unfortunately, after we thought we turned a corner, it appears we have just run into another corner.  He has seemingly been experiencing even more GI problems.  He is eating less, spitting up more, and seems to be having a lot of discomfort.  Tia has a call in for him to have some perhaps more invasive GI tests to see if there is something physically wrong.  He fortunately has a little room to backslide, but not terribly much.  I certainly fear he will end up returning to the hospital at this rate.

I hope better posts follow.  Right now there isn't much positive to report.


No comments: