Sunday, July 22, 2007

the weekend ends

Another week gone by the boards. This one was especially long because I didnt get my two 'sleep-in until you wake up' days because of a Saturday lab. I feel a bit cheated. The way the labs stacked up, my roomie ended up having to stay longer on days we had class, but had no school on Wednesday and none this weekend and, just prior to the start of our clinical rotations, she has Tuesday off as well. Truly we are in school the same amount of hours, but it is the time of those hours that really gets you (as those of you that know me know that mornings are not my preferred time of day).

Speaking of early and of clinical rotations, they start on Wednesday. I would say they crept up, but the truth is that nothing creeps up in this program.......at its slowest it would be fairer to say it lightly jogs up or ambles up (amble is a great word to describe movement by the way, much like gamble and saunter. Admit it, sauntering somewhere sounds a lot more interesting that walking there). The rotations are from 7-4. Meaning, I will be up prior to the sun. I am not sure if there is some cruel and unusual clause in the school's operating manual, but this would be a poor omission were it not. I would almost prefer it to be from 7pm to 4am.......its honestly a coin flip. At least I would be mostly awake for the first half of the rotation. I really hope I dont have to stick someone with a needle first thing in the AM. I can scarcely tie my shoes that early.

the labs have gotten more interesting as they have gotten more preparatory. We have spent the past week not taking vitals and percussing the hell out of each other which has been a turn for the better. Instead, we changed dressings, learned how to (on a dummy) insert a catheter, diapered each other, put on restraints, practiced a Hoyer lift, learned about respiratory treatments, practiced bed making with someone in it, and learned all about sterile technique. I am missing a lot I am sure........it was a thoroughly busy week. We have 4 weeks of class/lab/clinical and then a nice long holiday.

I am already dreaming of what I might do on the holiday, but since I have little money and two long weeks, I am thinking it will be a great time to read some books (like the Brothers K and the new Potter book) and watch movies and otherwise let my mind vegetate. Hopefully arrange for a few days driving trip to Canada or up into Vermont and Maine. Who knows. One month more and we are a full third through. Freaks me out just typing it. In the meantime, I have the next month to get through first.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am working on trying to keep up on the emails.

Until next week when I should have a lot to say about my first rotation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nike free run uk, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban uk, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, michael kors, coach outlet, true religion jeans, burberry, hogan, nike blazer, hermes, nike roshe, michael kors, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, air force, ugg boots, nike air max, michael kors, kate spade handbags, nike air max, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, ralph lauren uk, true religion jeans, north face, timberland, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, hollister, vanessa bruno, new balance pas cher, ugg boots, mulberry, nike air max, converse pas cher, lululemon, sac guess

Anonymous said...

iphone 6 cases, louboutin, celine handbags, iphone 6s cases, birkin bag, hollister, valentino shoes, ipad cases, babyliss, baseball bats, vans shoes, lululemon, asics running shoes, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, mcm handbags, nike roshe, nike trainers, new balance, insanity workout, ralph lauren, hollister, iphone cases, giuseppe zanotti, iphone 5s cases, oakley, timberland boots, instyler, north face outlet, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, longchamp, nike air max, bottega veneta, mac cosmetics, mont blanc, hollister, chi flat iron, beats by dre, iphone 6 plus cases, iphone 6s plus cases, p90x workout, reebok shoes, s5 cases, ferragamo shoes, ghd, nfl jerseys, north face outlet, soccer jerseys, nike huarache