Saturday, July 14, 2007

Without deadlines, you wouldnt be able to procrastinate

I am not sure if I got the quote quite right, but the gist of the quote that Krista told me is the same. I am just having a hell of a time getting my head together to write this final paper for Genetics. I have scads of information, a rubric to go by and still am finding it taxing to get the words organized in a cohesive manner. Plus, with Tia gone this weekend and the house on the market, I have been spending a lot of time scooping cat boxes, tidying up, and doing whatever I can think to do to get the pool from a pea-soup green color to something resembling blue. The house is listed in the paper today, so our Realtor seems o think we ought to be getting a few more people to come through and look at it. It is such a difficult situation considering that we have only a roughly formalized but yet to be signed contract on a new home (that will be much less expensive to maintain). So, if all goes well, we will end up selling this house soon and buying the new one within the next month. If not, I dont know what will happen because I know it is an expense that Tia is having a hard time bearing even with Krista paying rent and me giving Tia money as well.

I need to try to get myself motivated with some food and some caffeine. As always, wish me luck. It has been slow going thus far and, while the paper isnt due until next Friday, I have a feeling the new class wont leave a lot of time to do much of anything else.

Got three grades in:
Patho: B (1 point from a B+, I wont go into how poorly everyone seemed to do on the final paper, myself included)
Nursing Science: A- (just barely got it.......win some, lose some I guess)
Assessment: didnt do stellar on the last exam, but did enough to hold onto my B+