Sunday, January 04, 2009

Pudding on the rice

I love food, but I am not a foodie. I don't harbor the desire nor do i have the inclination to wax poetic about each french fry that passes my lips..........but every once in awhile a place catches my attention and i feel compelled to say something about it. Frequently, it is a particular menu item like bulgogi, the tomato soup at Elephants, or my most recent palate delight of chocolate braised rabbit. But, Tia and I were in Bridgeport Village returning clothing (and doing so unsuccessfully, exchanging the one item for other items worth more), and we happened up a place called Pudding on the Rice. They serve only a few things and I cannot speak to most of them, but the rice pudding is sublime and comes in enough flavors to make Baskin Robbins jealous. I urge anyone who reads this with a remote predilection for the desert to seek this place out and try it. Let me know if you try their tart yogurt or crepes as well. I certainly hope to.

http://www.puddingontherice.com/

No comments: