Thursday, February 19, 2009

Everything is cooler in 3D

I finally got to see the movie Coraline, which I have been waiting for nearly as much (though not for as long) at the Watchmen movie. I absolutely love stop motion films, the writing of Neil Gaiman, and, uh, 3-dimensional things (I needed a triumvirate). The verdict: so-so. The movie had amazing visuals that were all the more stunning since CGI was not a part of the equation. Parts of it were trying otherwordly and quite breathtaking. But, unfortunately, the story was just average. If not for the visuals, it would have been hard to even stay focused on the movie at all, and at times that was a bit of a stretch. I was mildly bummed that it wasn't better, but very pleased that I wasn't entirely disappointed.

Speaking of disappointed, we had one of the worst times I have ever had at a restaurant. In itself, that is a hard thing to do. After all, a restaurant serves food and, generally, libations. that alone makes it pretty hard to beat. But, Pastini at Cedar Hills managed to take it down several notches. First, we had to wait to be seated which is never my favorite thing to do. That kind of ups the ante for me right off the bat. All is forgiven (and immediately so) with the appearance of food and drink of course......and thats where this situation went horribly awry. We were given menus and, after not having made up our mind withing the first 30 seconds of being seated when the waitress stopped by initially, we were allowed more than adequate time to memorize them had we chosen to do so. Then, we waited for a good 20 minutes plus for what had to be among the worst ceasar salads I have ever had. To say it was liberally coated in parmesan cheese is a vast understatement. Pizzas dont come with this much cheese on them. We then waited some more........with nary an appearance of a bread basket, refill, or our waitress. Another 20 minutes passed before we decided, and then executed, our departure from the restaurant. I do not advocate the dine and dash, but since we scarcely dined (our main courses could still be in the kitchen for all I know) and hardly dashed (sauntered perhaps), I did not think it improper. Suffice to say, I wont be back.

I am still awaiting word from the hospital regarding the job news that I am hoping to share. But for some reason they outsource their background checks, meaning that they move with the alacrity of our government. Worse still is that NO ONE can tell me when they should know anything because it is in someone else's hands entirely. By the time I (hopefully) get the job, I am not even sure I will remember what it was that I interviewed for in the first place.

I havent had much time to blog hop since my last post, so no new insights into the series of tubes and wires that bring the internet into my house. More to come as more occurs.

Oh who am I kidding........check this out: http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

No comments: