Monday, February 23, 2009

Still sick

I used to think that the common thread between my career choices (teacher, nurse) was the element of teaching or working in female dominated professions.............now I realize it is just the exposure to germs. For some reason I have chosen to constantly test my delicate lungs through contact with the broadest spectrum of viruses and bacteria possible in close quarters over prolonged periods of time. Hence, I am not feeling that well yet again. Although, for the last 6 months +, my health has been surprisingly sturdy. So much for that.

In other news, the waiting game continues with the possible new employer. Now I have been instructed to re-apply for the position because it has to be opened to the public (initially it was evidently only an internal position). Suffice to say, though I have been told that the job is 'mine', I find this a bit disconcerting. Until it is done and the signatures have dried on the paperwork, I don't think I will feel comfortable with it. It is nice to be in the enviable position of liking my current job enough that, were this to fall through, I wouldn't be devastated. That said, I am not sure how many times an opportunity like this will come along and I really hope it happens.

I am off to take even more medication in the hope of finding the delicate balance between runny and stuffy..........or at least something to knock me out so that I no longer care either way.

No comments: