Thursday, February 05, 2009

I bless the rains down in Africa

Today I realized, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am a child of the 80s. To make a short story long, I was using the restroom at work and noticed that the toilet manufacturer was Toto. To most that would mean little or nothing, but older generations would likely imagine a little dog that accompanied Dorothy in the land of Oz. However, I immediately started to hum and bless the rains down in Africa. You see, the name that is shared with an 80s band (I suspect unintentionally unless the company harbors an immeasurable disdain for the long defunct band and surreptitious and long-running campaign to disparage them). I wondered who else has made the same connection. Simultaneously, I began to wonder if anyone else had noticed how long I had spent in the bathroom. I digress.

I had hoped to post with some rather big work related news........but I have nothing to report thus far. I will post as soon as anything happens............if anything happens at all. Until then, mum is the word.

My favorite time waster du jour: http://www.avclub.com/features/my-year-of-flops/
If you like reading about movie failures, some that you secretly loved, it is an interesting read that is updated frequently.

Not much else going on in sunny (for a few days at least) Portland. Hopefully more to come soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet link man!

~J

Anonymous said...

DUUUDE! YOU NEED TO UPDATE REGULARLY! TALK ABOUT YOUR AWESOME JOB OR SOMETHING. IT'S GETTING MISERABLE OUT IN THE BLOGOSPHERE WITHOUT YOU!

~J

P.S. I need to get your scrubs back to you. Pho?