Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Guess who's back?

Well, hopefully the troubles with the now only to be referred to as 'the clinic' are behind me as I have done what I could to ensure there is no reference to them. I did a lot of research and I was not in any way shape or form in conflict with anything that I have written regarding HIPAA, but I am not willing to fight about it when my livelihood is at stake. In the meantime, I have tried to keep up with some postings while the site was dark for maintenance. I hope you will take the opportunity to catch up with me and will be able to follow me forward into the many new and interesting predicaments that I find myself in.

In the meantime, I just finished watching the Wrestler, which was actually better than I had hoped it would be. I try not to expect much of critically acclaimed movies because, typically, that means they are slow and lack clear resolution. I don't mind complexity on occasion, but generally prefer my movies to be escapist in nature. That said, this one was solid fare and well done.

Watched Doubt as well. Really enjoyed the first 2/3, and kind of gradually lost interest as it played out. Again, critically acclaimed means not much happens and the resolution is lacking. Still, good acting.

Quantum of Solace - I am not, by and large, a huge fan of Bond films. I think they are entertaining, but I rarely get excited to see one. However, they have really pushed the stunts to a new level. Utterly unrealistic and insane............and fast paced and exhilarating. The story line, such as it is, just serves as a flimsy vehicle for explosions, shoot outs, and races across scenic locales. Pure popcorn and immediately forgettable. Escapism at its apex.

Off to bed. Tomorrow I get to hear the dentist bitch at me for my poor flossing (absent flossing?) habits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I demand an update!

...and pho.

~J