Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The joys and perils of antibiotics

Ah, antibiotics, pharmaceutical's original laxative. How I abhor your side effects. I am, at writing, in my third and final go round with western medications answer to my sinus infection. Thankfully either it is working or something else has changed because the sinus infection is finally clearing. Of course, the rest of my body has been in an unusual state of shambles (a state shared by my now laryngitic wife). I was forced to call out ill on Friday and Saturday and was wiped out from working the majority of my shift on Sunday. I have spent the better part of the last two days prone with either tv remote, laptop, or novel glued to my palms. Thankfully, the weather has cooperated by being unusually damp even by Portland standards, detering all by necessary excursions.

As I have had little experience the past week, I have little to say. I did have opportune to speak to a supervisor and will hopefully get some more focused practice on specific skills rather than the more or less scattershot learning I have been doing. Still, for what I have experienced, the job is a good one. Now if I could get my own proverbial s%$t together.

Have, by and large, given up on the whole housing market for the time being. Or at least will try to ignore it as best as possible. We are intractably tied to this lease, and it would serve us best financially to stop struggling with the knots. A few more months is the mantra of the moment.

Three days in a row begin tomorrow...........then a nice mini-holiday anniversary away in Bend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get some pho! It'll fix ya!

~J

tatyana said...

You're staring to sound like Bridget Jones here... Shouldn't that be mini-break instead of mini-holiday then? =)