Sunday, August 30, 2009

most recent big news


So, the last week has brought may changes. Some in evidence (see my bloated picture above) and some less visibly apparent. Obviously, foremost among the changes, my gall bladder is gone. It was, based on the surgeon's estimation, a much needed operation due to spreading inflammation. Sadly, I don't recall much of the day (or happily perhaps). I went in at 1, got an IV started, and fluids began to run. The surgeon and anesthesiologist stopped by and Versed was promptly administered. The next thing I remember, it was close to 7 that night. Thanks to morphine, I felt very little. Thanks to Versed, I remember even less. I stayed overnight for observation since I came out of the anesthesia a bit languidly. I have spent the intervening days on a slowly declining level of Percoset, kind of sleepwalking my way through the days. Its hard to believe it has already been 5 days since the surgery. I am very pleased that I was required to take 2 weeks off though, because it would be near impossible to work in my present condition (when I am up and about, I have little enough stamina). But, the doctor believes that this will lead to a vast improvement in my overall condition. Lets all cross em that proves true.

We also signed for our house this week. We don't officially close until next week (nor move until the week thereafter) but it is progress. Scarily rapid after so much languishing. It is amazing how quickly you can sign over your next 30 years.........honestly, it took longer to buy my last car. We are excited though. Now if we can just extricate ourselves from our current place without having to pursue litigation. The joys of renting be damned!

The last event is on its way in mere hours.............my first trip to Hawaii. An early thank you to Diane's boss for letting us use his place. The weather does not at present appear like it will be overwhelmingly cooperative, but I trust forecasts very little.

Off to finish packing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I expect solid blogging upon your return! Have a great trip to the Islands!

~J