Sunday, November 22, 2009

The week that twas

The beat goes on at work, though an albatross has been lifted. I finally had the opportunity to air my grievances against the powers that be and it was, if nothing else, cathartic. I realize that I also now managed to put myself into a safer spot by being the whistle blower. Anonymity will prove no saving grace, but plastering my bitchfest around ought to be at least good for some safety because the one word that no company likes to hear is retaliation. My coworkers will be talking to HR as well and hopefully a cohesive argument will come together and things will move in a better more positive direction at work. If nothing else, I feel good having stirred the pot and pushed back rather than curling up in the corner and hoping.

Other than that, it has been a lot of work days followed by more work days. Many days spent surfing the floor with my cart-o-stabby things hawking central line possibilities. It is easier to just accept it for the time being, though I REALLY want to just use a week of sick calls and take a trip somewhere sunny and warm. Anyone know a wealthy benefactor?

Don't have a lot of drama of otherwise spectacular happenings to report. Looking forward to trying to put together my new elliptical machine without the loss of much blood or the spilling out of too many profanities. I'd bet the over if I were you.

1 comment:

dscaglione said...

Bryan, found your blog and got kick out of it. Are you a PICC line Murse? Who woulda thunk! I certainly agree that administration is a nurse's worst enemy. We long for safe assignments with positive outcomes while administration chases after the almighty dollar....safety and sensibility be damned. I'm still working in an ICU although many days I wish I was working in a nice cushy Doctor's office taking blood pressures and obtaining health history info and making sure there is a nice fresh, crisp piece of sanitary paper on the examination table. Well, take care and keep up the good writing. Best wishes to all.
Deb Scaglione