Sunday, January 31, 2010

Exhausted

It has been an odd couple of weeks. The kind that slip away into the ether and leave little evidence of their passing than the days advancing on the calendar. January is at its end, and I could not be happier for it because it means one more month closer to open windows, sun, and warmth. I try to avoid thinking about it overmuch, but I have a hard time avoiding it completely.........I hate the winters here. I hate the lack of sun and the constancy of the cold dampness. I enter the winters with a sense of resolve, but it erodes like a sandcastle in an incoming tide by this point. If money were not an issue, I would most certainly have a winter home in the southern climes somewhere, anywhere, with the sun......preferably near an ocean you can swim in. But I digress..........a couple more months is all. The occasional sunbreak will have to suffice for the time being.

Work has been busy and immutable. I grow more and more comfortable with the tasks deligated me, but less enthused about them just the same. I know that is a flaw that I need to work on. I get bored easily and my inclination is always to change. Patience is not a virtue I was evidently imbued with. However, at least at this point I understand that without it, I will be doomed to move no further in my profession (or any for that matter) because you need to build trust through time and effort, not through random chance. So, I chunk my days and look forward to my days off and console myself with the fact that I work with, by and large, exceptional people and a good organization and that is nothing to complain about whatsoever.

I have otherwise been just exhausted in a way that is inexplicable. I have come home the last few evenings from work and nearly been asleep as soon as my shoes were off my feet. Tia has thankfully been understanding. I have also been tormented by allergies that seem to abate only briefly before returning in force. I have tried everything to resolve them short of a bubble, but to no avail. It is hard to determine if the allergy shots are a neutral at this point or are hampering my ability to function appropriately. Bah!

Other than that, I am by and large happy and alive (though a little dispirited at the moment obviously.......not helped by someone evidently using our credit card number to purchase small amounts of petrol. Kudos to Chase fraud protection. They rock!) and just trying to put it all together. In the meantime, send the sun my way if you see it. I would greatly appreciate it :)

PS: Try the beer sampler at Raccon Lodge if you get a chance. Totally worth it!

1 comment:

GoodNubbin said...

Hooray! A new post! WTF is up with that credit card issue?