Wednesday, January 19, 2011

irrelephant


Yep, the title of the post was just so I could put that image up.

Mini-misadventure of the day:

As part of my new (possibly temporary) role, I am supposed to be managing all the supplies in the clinic, from IV start kits to patient foodstuffs. Today we ran out of cups. The adventure is trying to figure out where one would order them. Looked at the food services order sheet, which listed bowls, flatware, napkins, plates, and assorted food and beverage items, though mysteriously no cups. So, I tried to order cups, thinking it an oversight. Alas, those are evidently under the purview of materials services, which supplies us with things like saline bags, needles, and IV tubing. I cannot figure the system out. It is akin to shopping for motor oil in the bread aisle. Whatever.

No news on the job front. Spent a good hour on the phone calling payroll because my paycheck is a mess (they shorted me about $375 between the hours I was not getting paid for and the difference in pay rates that have not been corrected). They referred me to the payroll guru, who of course was not there. She called me back about an hour later and suggested I call HR or contact my manager. I contacted my manager stating that the paperwork did not make it down and asked her to resend it. She did not get back to me, so I called HR to try to get some answers about, well, everything. After some running around there, they told me that another form needed to be filled out, but they could not tell me anything about my job. They suggested I contact my manager. I tried again, no answer. So, in essence, I have a lot of fingers pointing to my manager and my manager pointing fingers back at other people. It is frustrating to say the least and, of course, I am no closer to an answer about anything.

One more day and then..............well, who the hell knows. I just want to kick something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinner with the girls at Belly tomorrow (5:45) though, so life ain't all that bad.

Hiiya!

~J