Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Situation (no relation to Jersey Shore)

We have finally arrived at moving weekend. Well, yet another moving weekend. After weeks of living amongst half stuffed boxes and miscellaneous debris, we are finally to a point where EVERYTHING needs to be packed. Though daunting, sometimes it is easier than the stage we have been at, namely trying to pick and choose what is essential and what is not. It is frustrating and unfortunate that we aren't able to move in today or tomorrow and have time on the back side of the weekend to unpack everything on the other side, but such is life. Again, all I hope is that we won't be doing this again in 6 months (though that is often subject to change). Cross em with me that these movers are better than the last. Truly it would be hard to be much worse.

My work situation remains maddeningly unresolved. I spoke with JT again on Friday lamenting that my time sheet is still incorrect. Per my time card, I still work as a triage RN, am still getting paid outpatient pay, and am still having an extra 30 minutes deducted every day for lunch. So, at the end of a full month, the tally continues to rise. I try not to fixate on it, because I am told it will be rectified........but then that is by the same person who has been telling me a great many other things, such as the following.

I was told yesterday that nothing has been formalized as yet. The job did pass its time through the department with no one biting, but now it has to be posted internally for anyone in the system to apply to. It was supposed to have been done this week, but someone somewhere neglected to do so (fingers again pointing to HR, but it is hard to know who is at fault), so now it has to wait until next week on Thursday to post (evidently the only day they post new jobs). At that point, I will have to re-apply, which I am being told is a formality. The job will have to stay open the requisite 5 business days. Then, and only then, will the paperwork be put through. So, it will likely be mid to late February before the corrections are made. The upshot is, by that point, I will be owed between $1100-$1500. The downside of course is that I somehow have to trust that that will in fact be fixed correctly............of which I am not holding my breath. To be continued.

On the very good news front: we don't owe anything in taxes this year! We are not getting back very much, but after paying better than $2K last year, it is a huge relief.

Back to packing. Less than 2 days to go.

No comments: