Monday, January 14, 2008

Back to School

Tomorrow is the big return to lectures, readings, and endless hours spent in a windowless auditorium (a fact rendered less disconcerting in the winter when sunny days are less common). I am both excited and a bit disconcerted by what lies ahead. Of all the rotations, the one I was least looking forward to was OB. I cannot adequately express my discomfort with it. I am hopeful that it will be far better than I hope it to be. I just have a hard time envisioning the situation as being anything but awkward.

The next step will be pediatric oncology. In my mind, the situation goes from awkward to sad. If there is anything more depressing than a terminally ill child, I know not what. I am certain there will be many tales of recovery as well, hopefully far more than the former.

As for classes, check the blog for moral ambiguities and ethical conundrums from Ethics, poignant commentary about how to Manage Care, and, er, some flippant comments about Nursing Integration (what the hell is that anyway?).

I am so glad to have seen so many friends, family, and soon-to-be-family while out in Portland. Keep pulling for me and write when you can. Same goes for my friends and family elsewhere.

So it begins again.

1 comment:

GoodNubbin said...

Come on Kauffman! Only 4 months left. A paltry 1/3 of a year. You can do this! PDX by mid-May, baby!

~J