Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The results are in........

and I passed! Miraculously it seems (at least to me). Honestly, I would have given at least 3 to 1 against. That is how confident I was that I did not get enough questions right to warrant licensure. In the end, I got the maximum number of questions, 265 question in all, and spent more than 3 hours glued to a computer screen. At 100, I started to panic. At 150, it all started to seem kind of unreal. Once I reached 200 questions, I just thought it was becoming sadistic. By the end, I thought there was utterly no hope. It was much like getting repeatedly kicked in the groin. I was fully prepared to suck it up and start studying again. Why? Well, because it seemed that I studied all the wrong things.

I studied diabetes thoroughly...........I got maybe 1 or 2 questions. I studied OB and peds, learning as much as I could retain about eclampsia, HELLP syndrome, and developmental levels. I worried over lab values. I took practice test after practice test and saw no familiarity at all with the questions I was presented with. I could well have just read what I wanted to read and enjoyed my time off instead. But, ultimately, something must have stuck. Either that or the computer program just felt sorry for me.

All there is to say now is that it is OVER!!!!!! I am licensed (and to think a year ago I was just learning to take blood pressure). Now I can relax for 6-8 hours and then try to figure out where I am going to work.............and then get my gall bladder removed............and then learn a new job. I really like to pack the stress in.

1 comment: