Sunday, October 12, 2008

Allergic to everything

Allergy testing is conducted in two parts, prick level and ID level. Prick level testing (aka scratch testing) involves plastic applicators with pointed edges that have been dipped in varying allergens. I tested positive to three things at that level: dogs, cockroaches, and dust. The second level of testing is intra-dermal (ID) and involves a small amount of each allergen that you did not test positive to injected under the surface of the skin. It feels and looks like a bug bite. I tested positive to most everything at this level, potentially even the needles themselves.

The next step is to get the serums made and start shots. Because of my testing, I would get all the allergens in my serum meaning a total of three bottles and a multitude of injections. Big fun! The good part is that it is covered while I work there. The bad part is that they take about 5 years. A long commitment. Should be an interesting ride. Might even get some epi when I anaphylax :)

Looks like the condo is a non-starter. The HOAs are ridiculously high and yet they manage to not have any money in reserve. What it means is that they raise the fees annually. Selling a place with fees over $400 monthly would severly limit our ability to turn it over in a few years. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thankfully for us, the market continues to offer up opportunities. Something will be a good fit evenetually.

I had to write about a new show I am enamored with: Fringe. It is like a melding of the X-Files and CSI. I can totally geek out watching it. Check it out if you haven't yet. Also on Hulu (where I watch mostly).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, I am sure the perfect deal on a place will land at your feet. Will check out Fringe tomorrow night if I can stay awake that long. Love Mom