Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Home at last........at last

Well, the move is now past tense...though the unpacking remains. And will likely remain in bits and parts for some time. Of course, that is the nature of it and, with hope (perhaps misplaced due to my nomadic manner) there will not be another address for some years.

I adore the home, though it still does not feel like we really own it. We both expect that we shall return home one day to find the old owners have returned from some extended holiday and our trespass is at an end. It is such a difficult concept to wrap my brain around. I remember feeling the same way when I bought my first new car. For months I couldnt believe that the dealership had presumed that I had the ability to pay for it. Like I had duped them somehow.

I look forward to finally putting away the last of the boxes and hanging up some pictures and making it our own. I will definitely be sharing it at that point.

In other news, I am still recovering........and thankfully quite well. I still have the stamina of an elderly person and fatigue quickly. It is amazing how quickly the body atrophies, and how slowly it builds. I keep wondering how this imposter got hold of my body and ran it down so much.

I will write more when time avails. For now, slumber calls.

2 comments:

tatyana said...

Congrats! Enjoy the house

Anonymous said...

You need pho! Pho will cure your fatigue! You also need to read: The Name of the Wind. I demand it!

~J