Saturday, September 19, 2009

where do the hours go?

I am not speaking metaphorically unfortunately. They have been shaving away hours of late at work to make budget at the hospital. I understand the overarching goal, but my understanding is that the department I work at is, was, and continues to be profitable. So, while we ought to chip in for the cause by increasing efficiency, it seems rather less than intelligent to shave staff hours to the point that we are unable to do all of the things we are tasked with. We are supposed to keep our clinic patients happy and healthy while still maintaining our presence on the floor. But, take away a few people a shift, and you have to start making tough choices in how to allocate resources.....someone ain't gonna be happy. WE shall see how this story unfolds, however it will cease to interest me if I can't earn enough money to continue working there.

So, house coming together/work coming apart. Tune in for details as events warrant.

No comments: