Monday, December 28, 2009

Another Yuletide gone

I had the darnedest time getting into the holiday spirit and now I find myself already packing up ornaments. What happened? I think its that I REALLY miss being off for extended periods over the holidays. Perhaps for some reason that just hammers the whole thing home (or I just like not working for extended periods of time........a given really, just ask Tia :) Being afforded time to recharge and enjoy friends and family is such a luxury. Working on Christmas eve and then the following Sunday just makes it seem like a weekend, albeit a weekend with presents! If this is what growing up is about, I think I will take a pass. Long live the spirit of (an extended) Christmas break!

Work stuff should potentially get more interesting and hopefully more palatable soon as HR is going to speak with the big boss lady tomorrow. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for that conversation. Needless to say I am excessively interested to hear how it goes. Maybe it will even lead to at least a short term reprieve. One can dare to hope anyways.

I have some to realize that there is more than just a vague connection between my spending more time on the floor with people who are there with communicable viruses and diseases and my own health concerns (I know it wasn't exactly Holmesian sleuthing). what I need/want is less floor time and more clinic time and/or a new job with much less exposure. The hunt has already begun of course, but will commence in earnest starting the new year. Cross em as always.

Since I haven't acquired any new toys this holiday season I guess I will just go put on my new socks, new underpants and new robe and read. I still love the holidays, but I definitely miss the toys! :)

Hope everyone who reads this had a wonderful holiday and, if I dont post before (a distinct possibility) a Happy New YEar!

No comments: