Saturday, December 12, 2009

Work work work & is that gay?

The suspense is killing me with work. More interviews, more damning comments. Still, no action. But, I understand if only because I have no choice otherwise. I think one of my coworkers comments summed things up most succinctly when asked about our manager by HR "I have learned to just avoid her. She doesnt back anyone up ever and my job is just easier the less contact I have with her" (I paraphrase of course). Fun. In the meantime, absence continues to make the heart grow fonder......the longer we dont see the manager, the happier we all have been.

Tia likes to tease me constantly about my 'gay male' qualities by putting imaginary checkmarks in the gay column every time I enjoy something less than definitely masculine. Its funny (and true). So, I thought I would try to compile a compendium of sorts:

Gay things (and I write this meaning no offense as I could also just as easily categorize them as feminine things):

1. Spas - love em. From pedicures to full body massages, I cant get enough. Scented oils, yes please!

2. Some Rom/coms - Here I am a little more picky. I will laugh and cry along with the 'good' ones, but hate them by and large. Give me When Harry Met Sally or any Meg Ryan film before she got all plastic surgery on us and I will likely watch and enjoy. Throw in Mr. McConahey (sp) or J-Lo or anything with 3 generations of women and I would rather take a hot poker to my eye. But Julie and Julia, second helpings please!

3. Camping/outdoorsy stuff - I am game for a short hike or a visit to a scenic point or natural wonder, but I draw the line at sleeping outdoors or getting unneccesarily dirty. I will take my nature in little bites thank you.

4. Fixing things/craftmanship - I am inept. Maybe that gene hasn't activated just yet. My dad is so good at it too.

Things that lean masculine:

1. Sports - love em. Cant get enough minutia about them.

2. Movies where things blow up. I can no longer handle bombastic Michael Bay type inanity, but who doens't love a good action adventure with a point ala Star Trek or violent stylized violence like in the MAtrix or James Bond.

3. Musicals or singing competititions - unless there are actually instruments, count me very much out. Musical movies/shows are particularly bizarre to me (looking at you Glee!), though I have made exceptions to this rule (Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog).

4. Dancing - see above

Certainly not a definitive list, but I thought funny enough to write about. Now, if you'll excuse me I am off to grab a latte and a pedi :)

No comments: