Sunday, September 19, 2010

another week comes to pass

This past week has been remarkable only in its rather unremarkableness (I am fairly certain I just made that word up). It has been, by and large, like any other week. Work was stressful, especially Monday and Friday, the MA in my pod is still contemplating leaving (and leaning further that way as the days, and the bullshit he deals with from patients, pass). I will be very unhappy if that happens, but I certainly can't blame him. More money and the promise of a more tolerable position is pretty tempting, even at the cost of a further commute. Will be interested to see how it plays out obviously.

The weekend was spent in the hunt for my first IPOD touch. I have kind of wanted one for awhile, but have an Ipod already (though now a few years old) and couldn't justify it in my head. But, sometimes you just have to treat yourself :) Anyway, compared the newest model to the older ones and also briefly considered the Microsoft Zune (and discarded it after finding their apps.......well, spartan is a generous term) and ultimately ended up buying a used model (with warranty) from someone on Craigslist. Tia and I both are having a blast playing with all the free and cheap apps. It is much much more than a glorified ipod like I had originally thought. More like a do it all handheld tech toy. So much fun and time wasting potential. Now I just need to figure out how to sneak it to work :)

Spent most of the rainy weekend in relative slow motion. Met the in-laws for happy hour (and were pleasantly surprised with a wonderful room upgrade for the cruise, which is awesome!) on Friday, went to a local thai place on Saturday with a groupon, and wandered around downtown today after popping over to the library. Nice if only because it was relaxing......and I think we both felt like thats what this weekend called for.

4 more work days to go! Cannot wait for vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heeey, no mention of your awesome wife that said she'd get you a touch, kindle, or a nano - your choice? :P