Saturday, June 02, 2007

Ah the weekend

It is nice to be through another week of classes. I am not in a mood to rush through it all, but there is a sense of accomplishment each time Friday classes roll around and you dont find yourself weeping uncontrollably (I have largely learned to keep the weeping to a manageable level).

So, the first tests/papers etc are in and, thus far, I am not doing too badly (not setting the world on fire, but I am not existing on the tail of the bell curve either). Started with a B on my first Pathophys, an A- on my first nursing science paper (though the grading could, at best, be labeled capricious since neither I or my roommate got any negative comments and yet garnered less than perfect scores, though she fared better than I), and got an A on my first Genetics exam. Due tomorrow by noon is our second paper for Nursing Science and Tuesday has us in another Pathophys exam, so things could change very rapidly for the better or worse.

The schedule evens out next week and becomes much more regular (well, for a month anyway). Should afford some opportunity to get into a rhythm and, at the very least, looks to be the end of the extreme days. Also, Krista and I got our rotation schedule, and we will both start in Psychiatrics which is actually a lot less arduous, from what I hear, than starting with Pediatrics. We shall see. Rotations start up at the end of summer. I cant believe we will be practicing on real people that soon.

It is really warm in the office, so I will keep this brief. Also, I have some actual work to do which takes precedence. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

Tia said...

So I can't post an actual blog, but I had to share your funny comment today. When asked if you got to poke eyes in lab today, the response was "Oh yeah, it was SO cool." Yeah, only a new nursing student gets excited about poking people in the eyes. And NO, you may NOT practice that on me! :)