Sunday, June 10, 2007

stuff outside of school

I had wanted to focus this entire blog on school, but often school is either too complicated to describe, duller than 3-piece puzzle, or just plain, well, scholastic. So, I thought I would at least mention what else there is to do in Rochester (or at least what we have thus far done in the month I have been here).

1. Played disc golf (lots of courses here, though we have only visited one)
2. Went to Park Ave (mostly restaurants...........kind of like a very slimmed down version of nob hill)
3. Mall shopping
4. Going out to eat - there is a fair spectrum of choices from your typical national chains to some more or less local eateries. Lots and lots of pizza delivery places. Local fair includes three things of which I have really only tried one: frozen custard (darn good), hots (red or white hot dog), and something called a garbage plate (http://rocwiki.org/Garbage_Plates).
5. Lilac Festival -the city is rife with festivals. there is a jazz festival going on this week.
6. Charlotte (pronounced Shar-lot, not like the city) Beach - it is only 2 miles from the house but the lake water is too cold to swim in.

I am sure I am forgetting other things, but I dont want everyone to think my life is just school 24/7. I would be a raving lunatic if that were the case.

Speaking of school, I am off to get ready for it. How does one mentally prepare for 7 hours of lectures?