Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Almost there

Just one more day now. I would say a couple more days, but there still exists the possibility that there will be only the 1 day without a make-up day. Even if I have to do a makeup day, it hardly dampens my excitement that it is almost over. I will be thrilled beyond imagining when I don't have another bed bath to perform for three weeks!

Today I spent out with VNS (visiting nurse service). As I thought, it was interesting going out into the community and into people's homes to provide care. As I also suspected, it is wholly incongruent with my personal interests. I worked with a pediatric nurse today. I give the nurses who work with the population I saw a lot of credit. Part of me feels so badly for these children knowing what hurdles they face because of their surroundings and the disadvantages that lie in their path coming from single teenage mothers. However, another part of me feels angry at the parent (or parents) who continue to make poor decision upon poor decision, which likely stems from their own parents making the same bad choices. One household was littered with beer cans as the 1 year old wandered around playing with whatever she picked up off the floor while the mother tended to the 1 year old (and the father watched TV in the other room). The really interesting thing to me was that, even though these people lacked much furniture, had beaten up vehicles, and often had mainly WIC appropriated food, they still had big screen televisions and cable. How badly out of whack priorities are.

Thursday marks the final day on the adult floor, which is mercifully shortened to go over our evaluation (and then the aforementioned possibility of Friday as a makeup). All in all, things haven't gone too badly when I look back and consider all the things we (Tia has shared the burden) have had to get through to make it to this point. The whole thing seems very unreal at the moment........as though the dean of the nursing school might crawl out of her office, see her shadow, and determine that there will be three more weeks of clinical (it is hard to type with a shiver crawling up your spine).

I am still awaiting one more grade to trickle in. The grade in question was a paper that encompasses a fifth of our grade in the course however so it is not nearly complete, but, unless I butchered it horribly, I don't see how I could get less than an A-. Could end up being a highly successful term. Looks like I won't know for certain for some time though........at least until Thursday when they are obligated to post them.

Looks like I just got a delivery from my roommate of a list of meds I need to look up for tomorrow......and it is doosy. I hope I am never in the position to require 13 medications at 8am every day (and more than that throughout the remainder of the day). I don't know how you would even manage the side effects of such treatment. Wish me luck that there is no required makeup.....I will do it if I have to, but I definitely don't want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, air max, louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, replica watches, burberry, tory burch outlet, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors, louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, ugg boots, nike air max, ralph lauren pas cher, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet

Anonymous said...

`nike free run uk, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban uk, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, michael kors, coach outlet, true religion jeans, burberry, hogan, nike blazer, hermes, nike roshe, michael kors, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, air force, ugg boots, nike air max, michael kors, kate spade handbags, nike air max, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, ralph lauren uk, true religion jeans, north face, timberland, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, hollister, vanessa bruno, new balance pas cher, ugg boots, mulberry, nike air max, converse pas cher, lululemon, sac guess