Tuesday, December 04, 2007

From burnt to scorched

Not sure when I will next have the time to post so, in my efforts not to fall asleep and take a 5:00 pm nap (which is like fast food, gratifying at first, but generally unpleasant afterwards) I thought I would post a quick blog.

There is too much happening at the moment to fully take in. I honestly feel pushed to the edge yet again, but will muddle through it with Tia helping to nudge me along. Right now I am just exhausted mentally and physically after a few days of sleep deprivation. Two exams to study for and a few papers to write over the weekend will do that. Now the two tests and papers are done and turned in and I just have to get my patient prep together and try to make it through yet another 2 days of clinical. I have a bad feeling that I am going to get very sick as soon as the stress stops. My body is beginning to feel the weight of it, but there is little that can be done. After clinical is over on Thursday early evening, I have another patient care plan to write, a simulation and a move to a new apartment on Friday/Saturday followed by writing up another critical appraisal on Sunday. I swear I will have one proper Sunday where all I do is read the paper and watch some football. It HAS to happen. I am really missing life of late. I am sure Tia couldn't feel less like she was living with someone presently.

The weather has turned recently for the worse, just before our move. I guess it is early for snow accumulations such as this, but mother nature rarely follows a tight schedule. Anyway, it has been windy and snowing for the past few days.....more than I have seen since I was too think about measuring such things in Ohio. I shoveled my first driveway. Hopefully we will move soon enough I will have shoveled my last driveway as well. On the plus side, the snow was so bad they sent us home early from class on Monday evening.

Computer took a recent dump on me thanks to Windows Updates. I have expended zero time on my blog bitching about Microsoft Vista because it is so low on the priority list at present, but it really sucks. I am wishing the school wasn't so opposed to Macs, because I know Krista is very happy with hers. One day I will have one too. The result of repeated calls overseas was that I can no longer accept Windows updates but must instead only get updates from the HP website that have been vetted prior to downloading. In the meantime, I lost pretty much everything again........except the important files I transferred to my jump drive (which thankfully wasn't much). I sometimes wish I could just go back to handwriting things.

On the positive side, classes are going well. I think I will do better academically than last term, which is mildly surprising. I still have a few walls to climb to get there, but at least the dogs aren't snapping at my dangling feet. Evidently, risk of failure notices went out to about 1/3 of the adult and home class.....Krista and I evaded that. Small kudos to us both.

Well, it looks like its once again time to slip on my cardigan and head out the door like Mr. Rodgers. Wish me luck on the apartment move and holding on to my health and sanity.

4 comments:

Rose City Mama said...

Good luck as you near your winter vacation! Sorry to hear about all the snow...we are actually enjoying a rare blue sky as I write this. I do miss the warmth of Florida right now, especially since the memory of it is so fresh in my mind.

Take care! Your sis

GoodNubbin said...

Hey man,

Jen says you need to take some zinc and drink plenty of fluids. You might also consider echinechia. It'll be a balmy 48 degrees when you get here for the holiday and then you'll only have 5 paltry months left. BOOYEAH!

Cheers,
~J

Anonymous said...

sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, air max, louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, replica watches, burberry, tory burch outlet, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors, louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, ugg boots, nike air max, ralph lauren pas cher, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet

Anonymous said...

nike free run uk, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban uk, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, michael kors, coach outlet, true religion jeans, burberry, hogan, nike blazer, hermes, nike roshe, michael kors, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, air force, ugg boots, nike air max, michael kors, kate spade handbags, nike air max, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, ralph lauren uk, true religion jeans, north face, timberland, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, hollister, vanessa bruno, new balance pas cher, ugg boots, mulberry, nike air max, converse pas cher, lululemon, sac guess