Thursday, December 13, 2007

Interventional Radiology

I spent the past two days in Interventional Radiology working with a number of patients ranging from age 2 to 72 and seeing procedures such as catheter embolizations, angiographies, and biopsies. Pretty interesting stuff by my account anyway and, best of all, not an ADL amongst them. No bed baths! No ass wiping! No bed changes! Just medications, assessments, and assisting with procedures........or ACTUAL nursing. How very novel indeed. I am quite happy I chose to observe there. Another possibility on the plus side of the column is always a good thing.

Other than that, things are still a complete mess at the house (well, not complete, but comparably it is) with unpacked boxes cluttering up the apartment. I dont think the apartment will look normal until AFTER school is done.....or until I decide the boxes are just part of the decor.

The weather has turned once again as well with 4 inches already on the ground and more to come today and this Sunday. No temptation to do any outdoorsy stuff when I should be studying I guess. Thank goodness for an apartment with free heat.

Speaking of studying.....the end is nigh! One more test to go! Two more clinical days! One more simulation! I can't stop using exclamations I am so damned happy to type this!!!!!