Monday, May 03, 2010

Chafing

I think we all reach a point of saturation where you just feel like, "If I don't get the hell away from here I am going to explode in some bizarre fashion like Michael Douglas in Falling Down." Well, perhaps not that badly, but you get the picture. Well, I have reached that point. Actually, I reached it some weeks back and now I am just limping towards the finish line. Thankfully, Vegas is on the horizon. I need it to be. I am getting to the point where the minutia of work is chafing me and every little annoyance is magnified beyond measure. You know, the point when you need a vacation. 3 more work days..........3 more work days. God help me.

Speaking of work, it is pretty much the same as ever. Definitely not helping with that break point. We have either been blitzed with patients or sent home. When we are busy, we never have enough staff. When we aren't, it always seem like we have too much. I wish there were some better balance mechanism. I either come home exhausted and aching or at 2:00. Must use this as my motivation to get back to school. Hopefully a few days away will help refresh things.

We are putting the house up for sale. Well, kind of anyway. Doing it FSBO style for the time being. Tia's commute is grinding her down and I can't blame her for that. If I had an hour plus each way, I would have suggested it months ago. Kudos to her for holding out. We are hoping to walk (limp) away without writing a check, but don't expect anything actually going into our pockets. I don't really care. I like our house, but we bought it before her new job started and it isn't so nice that you should be miserable most of the week. Plus, with my work schedule, I am not even home half the weekends to enjoy it together. So, perhaps a return to renting is best. Especially if school is a realistic venture. Shaving a few hundred a month from our expenses would definitely help things along. I guess we'll see. It isn't exactly a prime market for sellers.

I suppose I should rouse myself from my stupor and do something today. Having a hard time since I just feeling so wrung out. Baby steps perhaps.

1 comment:

GoodNubbin said...

Keep your head up buddy and get that application in for UP's PA program. You'll be in high demand in a few years as the medical programs start to ramp up in 2014.

~J