Thursday, March 07, 2013

36


I have been meaning to blog about turning 36, but then I realized there isn't a whole lot to say about it.  As far as birthdays go, it is fairly innocuous.  I guess, at this age, I figure the 5s are the biggies (35, 40, 35, 50, etc).  Perhaps the only thing notable is that it is a square number and I won't see another one of those until I am 49 (that was for you fellow math nerds).

But, work remains eventful.  The gal I trained leaves next Friday.  They have offered me the full time gig back, but we are going to try to 'compromise' to me picking up Mondays if we can arrange childcare (see later on this post).  They won't post the gig, because they are still very unclear on when the OHSU deal is going down.  Plus, by the time they got the job posted, went through the interviews, and got someone in and trained, it would be months.  My next 'ask' will probably be to switch me back to EH from the Park (I officially work at the latter, though I have only been there a hand full of times since August when I accepted that position).  This would be purely for negotiating with OHSU down the line as I would be 1 of 1 at EH, but the least tenured with Legacy of the group at the Park.

Plus, the latest rumor mill grist is that all the clinics will flip to OHSU at one time vs. the initial staggered schedule.  How this will work (any of it really) is a mystery, but there is more chatter from the higher ups that the signing is nigh.  It is incredibly frustrating mostly because there are no guarantees going forward.  Hard to plan for down the line without any idea of what that might entail.

I also recently got a call back from KP Hillsboro about an IV gig I applied to.  I am unsure what to do with that, as it could be the same crew that did the panel with me and never contacted me after.  I don't know if I would have been a good fit for that job anyway, but it seems kind of dickish to have someone go through the processes and not bother to send out an email saying they picked someone else.  Of course, the call I got was from their front line of defense, who is supposed to filter me in or out before an actual interview.  I will call her at least and see if I make it any further than that.

Tia has her second interview tomorrow with the company out in Oswego.  It is a simulation of sorts, with them explaining the project and her explaining how she would manage it.  Even if it proves awesome, there is still the matter of pay/benefits.  KP is pretty effing awesome in that regard.

Q officially broke up with his daycare today......or we did anyway.  It was one more day of them doing stuff they ought not.  Today they gave him wheat toast and butter.......two no-nos from an allergy perspective, especially since we had not introduced him to them.  They are always giving him tylenol because he is 'fussy' and they still talk of his yelling fits (though we have not seen them in months).  This on top of the fact that he is often half clothed for their diapering convenience.  It was nothing huge, but enough little things to piss you off.  So, the search for a nanny (or ideally a nanny share) begins.  Tia is already making contacts.

That covers it all for now.  IF you get a chance, rent 'This is 40'.  Pretty funny (and somewhat poignant at this age) stuff if a bit overlong and with a few unnecessary story digressions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. Call that gal, Lindsay that I sent your way. She had great experience.

~J

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment
but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
Regardless, just wanted to say superb blog!


Also visit my site :: vera wang Wedge shoes