Sunday, March 24, 2013

I see the weeds

I love Top Chef.  It is, by far, my favorite reality based TV show.  I only bring this up because the chefs (or cheftestants if you prefer) use the term 'in the weeds' when they are kind of up to their necks, falling behind, and otherwise in a bit of a mess.  I am not there yet at work, but I can see em.

The last 2 days at work I had 2 different staff members from the Park up to help me out.  In those two days I learned that one of them has already all but signed the paperwork for her new job (at the same hospital, but in a different department) and the other has had at least one interview.  She and another nurse (they have 4 total) also are keenly interesting in a floor position soon to be posted.  They have, at present, exactly one nurse who is fairly competent in the clinic that works on call.  She also places central lines which makes her equally valuable on the floor, if not more so depending on who is out sick on a particular day.  There are zero plans to hire anyone due to the restructuring.

So, pulling the pieces of the aforementioned puzzle together, I would say we are quite likely close to being in the proverbial weeds/shit.  This should not be my problem, but based on past history, I know it will be.  I will be here, there, and everywhere while the clinic I work in is closed, barely covered, and otherwise shat upon.  I know this because it has happened in the past and they have said nearly as much.  I am not looking forward to the next few months.  In the meantime, best to try not to think about it too much until it happens.....and then make sure I keep the car gassed up.

Got away for the weekend.  Went to Edgefield.  Quite the drunken revelry going on throughout.  Was a nice 'break' but I think I am coming down with a cold (our first cold since.......well, probably January).    Probably our last getaway before our vacation.  Seems very far away from now.

Lastly, perhaps the most horrible way to treat your ipad (or best use of potty time): I present the Ipotty

 Dont pretend like you don't want an adult version.

All we get is this.  Not nearly as fun.

No comments: