Saturday, June 14, 2008

A night in the ER

I love to do research. I think I made that abundantly clear when looking up cars. To further the thought, I figured I would take my research one more step along the chain and be admitted to the ER so I could 'research' what it was like to be a patient. Also, I was severely dehydrated and in a considerable amount of abdominal pain.

Thankfully, I did not have to spend the night in the ER (even though they have a fairly broad selection of cable channels). I was released into my wife and mother-in-laws care after about 500ml of fluid, some morphine for the pain, and some Phenergan for nausea. Blood tests remain inconclusive. In the meantime, I was told to try different pills for GERD and combine that with lots of fluids (so many flavors of sports drinks to choose from.......this morning I am imbibing something called Arctic Shatter. The name implies it should taste like something arctic ala penguins or whatever else is artic in nature but in reality just tastes like lemonade. It was clearly named after one of GW's failed attempts to drill for crude oil on the Arctic shelf). I am also allowed to finally eat..........with the only caveat being that i am allowed to eat baby food. It isnt as bad as I had feared, but feels ridiculous. Life has a way of making you giggle despite the circumstances.

In better news, I finally found a car. I hope, unlike my computer, it is not a lemon. I ended up with an 07 Rabbit. It is fun t drive and fairly practical, though it has a lot of bells and whistles from the prior owner (17" alloy tires, an Ipod adapter, Electronic Stability Control, a sunroof, and fun Rabbit specific mats). I am bummed that it only comes in black, but I didnt have much choice in that regard even with a new car. I hope all turns out well with it.

Off to lunch. Pureed carrots perhaps?

1 comment:

GoodNubbin said...

LMAO! I'm sorry man, but have some baby food (carrots), take some morphine and zoom around town in the new rabbit! Booyeah!

~J