Sunday, March 02, 2008

I can't study any more today

Thought I would evade reality for a bit and post up some thoughts while I had a few minutes.

My first thought is that I must NEVER eat at Taco Bell again. I am sure there are those among the people who read this with iron constitutions who might disagree, but probably more than that who have already learned the hard lesson about eating there. Suffice to say, I think I learned my lesson this time. Damn you Montezuma and your intolerably pungent vengeance!

My second thought is that PEDS nursing is okay and quite a noble profession, but not my bag. The patient I worked with was as pleasant as he could be considering that he was restricted to his room because of ORSA precautions. It is hard to be cooped up for 2 weeks in a house, let alone being cooped up in a single room with the patience and and energy level of a 7 year old boy. I would be going insane. On top of that, he has to sit in a pneumatic vest 4 times a day (30 minutes each time) that pummels his chest and back to loosen up the thick mucus from his CF. I saw another child, also with CF but two years younger, who had had a stomach, kidney and small intestine transplant already and two young girls with cancer. D-E-P-R-E-S-S-I-N-G.

I don't know if I have a third thought at the moment other than I really don't want to wake up early the next two days to take exams, but hopefully I know just enough and all will end well. Once I get through this week it really will be the home stretch. Two months from today is the official endpoint (well, the last day of classes which is official enough for me). I can't believe I have made it successfully this far.

Josh - I will pick you up a garnet ring too. I could sense the jealousy.

1 comment:

GoodNubbin said...

61 more days man, 61 more days. You are almost there. Spring break in 3 weeks. Let's rock and roll!

~J