Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This blog for sale. Slightly warn. $50 obo.

Now comes the point in our adventure when we have to start selling off our belongings (and by 'our' belongings I predominately mean Tia's belongings as my accumulation of tangible goods is rivaled by any cart-pushing vagrant) and begin, slowly at first and then with alarming rapidity, to devolve back into "first apartment in college living." The kind of living that has everyone seated around a coffee table that used to serve another purpose (like a spool for cable) until a friend finds a dining set under the stairwell that is so covered in cobwebs that the Addams family would reject it. Somehow I doubt things will go that far....but we will for sure find ourselves slumbering on an inflatable mattress, dining without benefit of a table, and sitting on the living room floor for at least a few weeks. Perhaps we will look back fondly and laugh at such inconsequential hardships, but in the interim it will be really annoying for all involved.

What this means in the long term is that we will likely be hitching up a trailer and driving across the country that way. I am sure my brother-in-law can relate to the fun that that will yield, but at least we will not be taking any mountain passes of substance until Idaho. I don't anticipate the nasty weather we encountered there in early May to be present in early June. But then again, I am incredibly naive.

I now have to actually write a fake letter to a representative about a policy issue. You might assume that my program was hijacked by a high school civics teacher, but you would be wrong. This is actual college work. Seriously.

2 comments:

GoodNubbin said...

LOL! Great post, buddy.

~J

Rose City Mama said...

Well, at least we now have IKEA here where you can re-furnish your new place without breaking the bank! I have been there about 6 times already! Love it!