Friday, March 07, 2008

Pulling out my hair

Just taking a break from my patient prep. I need to tie up a few loose ends before submitting it tomorrow morning. Also, I need to prep for both my patients tomorrow (it will be half-assed to say the least. I am not passing meds so I plan on acquiring only a passing knowledge of their uses). I spent today down in the acute care clinical for pediatrics which was surprisingly a lot better experience than I was led to believe it would be. It was fast-paced with a lot of variety, and that is what I prefer in relation to hospital care. I saw chemo therapy delivered through a spinal infusion, spinal fluid collected for testing, port access for meds, kids with colds through cancer, and even got to listen in on some phone calls from parents. Overall, about 10 times better than the babysitting we predominantly do on the pediatric unit. Oh well, like it or not, I have to get through it.

Speaking of getting through.......I am writing out of lucid hours and I have a lot to get accomplished before I do.

No comments: