Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Houses and juries and interviews oh my!

Quick update about the interview. It went............well, mediocre in all regards. Had a double interview of sorts. One with the office manager and clinic manager and one with two other nurses. The first interview read really well. The second was harder to get a vibe on. But, regardless of that, it really isn't something that I can see myself doing. Why? Well, because in the RN role there you spend almost your entire day (probably around 90% of it) on the phone doing triage and almost 0% doing anything with actual patients. Despite the good hours (and guaranteed ones at that), it sounds pretty soul crushingly boring. I think I would be able to do it for about 3 months until I got the hang of it, and then I might want to hang myself. Ah well, the beat goes on and the applications keep flying out. If you bait enough hooks you are bound to catch something right?

Got called to jury duty today. Can't say much about it, but I did get selected for the trial so I will be going back tomorrow. Since I get paid by my job, I have to say it is a win-win. Get to do something different and interesting and get paid to boot. Nice.

Ah, the house.........what a tangled web. It is interesting how very many different opinions and thoughts there are. Most recently: Should we just rent it out instead? Maybe so. The idea of selling it is grim and we are thinking more and more that our current Realtor (who has thus far been a disappointment) might be a little too pie-in-the-sky. Wouldn't be so bad if she just wouldn't keep stumbling over the basics.

Off to bed. Some deliberating to do tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang 'em high, Bry! No mercy!

~J