Thursday, June 24, 2010

Updates

Just a few quick blurbs since I haven't had much time to update of late.

- The court case I was called in to be a juror for ended up as a mistrial. The case dealt with a theft of some items from a Fred Meyers. The theft wasn't in question however. Whether or not the accused used a knife when confronted outside of the store by their loss prevention officers was. Due to a number of issues regarding witnesses and the like, the case was declared a mistrial and an entirely new jury will have to be selected and sworn in to hear the case when it comes back to trial. When that is I have no earthly idea. So, got to see a peek inside the justice system, but not much of one sadly.

- We are firing our Realtor. I know we are high needs clients. I need to be informed of what is being done to promote the property and I need to be given updates about people who go through the house. I expect, for about $9000 and mixed change, that something will be done besides sticking a sign in the yard and posting some pics online at RMLS. I guess that makes me high needs. Anyway, we feel like we can just do it ourselves just as well. Guess we'll find out. If..........

- Well, if the offer that is forthcoming falls through and/or we cannot find a happy middle ground. For all I know the offer could be ridiculously low.........or full of strings. Hard to say, but I am definitely speculating like crazy. Can't wait to see it, though I have a sneaking suspicion I will be disappointed.

- Accepted a new job........at a clinic doing triage. M-F, 36 hrs per, slight pay downgrade. No bennies change though because I stayed in the family. Not confident about the move, but it was my best chance at the moment to try to jump back into school. Trying to think a little longer term. We'll find out soon enough if the move was a mistake or not.

- Looked at some of the 'high=end' waterfront apartments for shits and giggles this past weekend. Good lord are they enormously overpriced! It isn't even so much that they are expensive, it is more that you get so little for your money. Unless you consider 1100 sq. feet of shoddily carpeted, poorly laid out, and overwhelmingly furnished (not the highest end fixtures or appliances) living space in the middle of never-ending construction with views that could only generously be called average worth north of $2000 a month. Yes in NYC or San Fran..........but not in Portland. I predict a severe price adjustment forthcoming.

Last weekend of work for awhile forthcoming and sooner than I would prefer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really good sharing this.